THANK YOU to all of our wonderful donors and volunteers! YOU make it possible for us to make a difference in the lives of people with visual impairments.
– Chad Thomas, Executive Director
At CCABVI, we help people who are blind or vision-impaired so they can thrive. Let me tell you about…
Lauren has worked for about 3 years in our textile workshop. Her positive attitude brightens our day. She strives to grow personally and professionally, in spite of being born with visual and developmental disabilities. At CCABVI, Lauren is gaining front office skills. We’ve helped her apply to some colleges. She’s been accepted into at least one so far! Lauren is a proud graduate of North Penn High School. She has a training certificate from Commonwealth Technical Institute. Lauren was quoted in a recent article about the Military Resale Program. You can find it in the Winter 2021 edition of Opportunity Magazine online at https://www.nib.org/about/media/opportunity magazine/.
For more info about anything in this newsletter, please call us at (610) 384-2767 or email email@example.com.
CCABVI will start a new support group in March. You can join through Zoom or conference call.
UPCOMING EVENTS (STAY TUNED!)
- Spring Yard Sale (May)
- Summer Open House (July)
- Annual Fundraising Event (October)
We are seeking volunteers for help with these projects:
- Client call-downs
- Social media
- Sewing and embroidery • Community gardening
- Indoor painting
- Outdoor beautification • Building repairs
- Skills trainings
We are looking to hire 1 or 2 part-time positions. Applicants must be legally blind in both eyes.
LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY!
- For info on eye health, conditions, and treatments, follow us on Facebook at @ccabviNEWS.
- For info on local events and opportunities, sign up online for our email listserv at https://bit.ly/ccabvinewsflash. • For more info about CCABVI, check out our website at www.chescoblind.org.